I cannot believe it has been twenty-five years. A quarter of a century.
Like the headline says, this is a sad day, which is why I chose the photo above.
This will always be a benchmark day in my life. I remember exactly where I was, where I had been living, the circumstances that landed me in the West Village just in time to see the second tower collapse before my eyes, which is when I realized this city was in big trouble.
I still fear another attack. Not in NYC, but perhaps elsewhere.
People talk about resilience. But how does one get over this? I was lucky not to have lost any friends or loved ones, but I think of those who did, and I cannot imagine how awful this day is, and what it brings up.
They, along with the firefighters, policemen, volunteers, and those suffering subsequent 9/11 illnesses are the ones whose resilience we should be saluting.
However, we have gone twenty-five years without another incident.
May that continue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Never forget, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We watched the whole ceremony this year.
ReplyDeleteIt was brutal but seemed like the right thing to do.
Victoria, We only watched it on the news. It is very hard for me to watch. Hard to believe it has been 25 years. We listened all day to comforting music on WQXR.
ReplyDelete