Followers

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Make Way For Ba-Babette! The Darling Of The Mayfair Set!!!!!!

Girls, you know after my Esca adventure this past weekend, I am certainly destned to be the darling of the Mayfair set. But right now, we are in the midst of Holy Week, what with Spy Wednesday tomorrow, then Maundy Thursday (Happy Maundy Thursday, eveyone!), followed by Good Friday and Holy Saturday. And I don't even have an Easter bonnett, and no brunch reservation. You can bet I won't be calling Babbo's anytime soon, unless Mario Batalli puts out for me!!!!!!

Would you believe that I was awakened out of a sound sleep at 2:15 am, when my phone rang? Girls, what drama!!! Thinking it was some random perv, I let the message pick up, but no one talked!!!! This morning, I star 69'ed and found an 847 area code, which is Chicago, but no one I am familiar with. Imagine my shock when my friend David, who lives in Chicago, rang me up at 7:30 am to inform me he was in the hospital!!!!! And with June Havoc having just passed on! Something about low blood sugar--a drop to 30. I am telling you, David had better stay put and get observed, because I do not need another loss on the heels of my other David!!!!!

I'd have been better staying in today and being a domestic goddess, what with the weather the way it is! But I have to meet Julia tonight to pick up some items, and then we are all gathering tomorrow eve at Audrey's!!!!!! So it looks like Holy Week may be Holy, but it will be jumping!!! Typical of my life, girls!!!!

This coffee date is in the offing; it may happen on Friday, in which case it really would be a Good Friday! In any case, girls, I have to shop for an Easter Bonnett, so make sure you all look your grandest in the Easter Parade on Sunday!!!!!!

Peter Cottontail, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: