Followers

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Darlings, Debbie Is Having The Last Laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....And so, girls, is Elizabeth Taylor. In case you've under the curling iron too long, Eddie Fisher, the 50s crooner who was married to Debbie, Liz, and Connie Stevens, as well as father of Carrie, aka Princess Leia, passed away the other day. Darlings, I am telling you the exes are reaping their revenge. Each has outlived Eddie; even Liz, who is always problematic.

But, honey, I have always had a soft spot for Debbie, because my childhood was filled with her. From the Colorforms Debbie Reynolds Dress Designer Kit, which I used to play with religously, to her recording of "Tammy", to the film soundtrack of "The Singing Nun," Debbie was there at almost every life stage. My personal favorite was "French Heels" on the flip side of "Tammy"--

"...But at night I put my French Heels on,
And I pretend I'm twenty-one!"

Girls, you know I do, and you know that I still am!!!!!!!!! Well, twenty-four actually!!!!!!!!!

The point here, darlings is that while we all remember Eddie's handsome young looks and voice--even that maudlin "Oh, My Papa", which my hometown radio station used to play every goddamn Father's Day, no one seems to be missing him personally. Guess he missed out on being Bitch Of The Week!!!!!!! Or maybe he heard about this blog, and died because he was too frightened of being singled out on it! Well, Eddie, hon, nothing singles one out more than Death, except Birth, so who's got the last laugh now! Hi, Debbie; let's have lunch!!!!!!!!!

So, lamb chops, I am telling you, say a Kaddish for Eddie and then have a corned beef on rye with Matzoh ball soup, cole slaw and lots of pickles!!!!!! Strictly Kosher, now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kiss, kiss, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: