Followers

Friday, October 7, 2011

Darlings, "Sometimes I Wonder How Come You're The Leader Of ANYTHING!!!!"



Girls, I am telling you, beware of chocolate mousse with a "chalky under taste!"

At last night's enchanting screening of "Rosemary's Baby" at Chelsea Classics, where we learned that Hedda Lettuce is the daughter of Shredda Lettuce, the audience was practically screaming out Ruth Gordon's lines!!! And her outfits!!!! And how about the way she twirls that fork, even in her mouth, while eating the cake during the dinner scene?????

Can you believe that, 43 years later, this is still the BEST thing Mia Farrow ever did????? The only one that ties with her, and it happened that same year, 1968, was BARBRA in "Funny Girl"!!!!! Both never could top those once-in-a-lifetime roles!!!!!

And this is the movie that gave me my Dakota obsession!!!! Sweeties, from the first moment I saw it, I knew I wanted to live THERE in Manhattan!!! During my wild period in New York (yes, girls, I had one, though I was careful!!!) I vowed that if anyone living there picked me up, even if they looked like Sidney and Ruth, I would go!!!! Not to have sex, girls, just to see the inside of the building and the apartment!!!!!

Alas, no such luck!!!!

I don't know why people look at me strangely when I tell them I find the book and movie SO comforting. I love the period details; I ADORE the Trench Sisters, not to mention the witchcraft books, Hutch's lamb dinner (yummy!!!) and the Scrabble board and anagrams!!!! Maybe because I never had that much to fear, not having a uterus, myself!!!! And because it would take more than a few acting jobs to buy me off,darlings!!! Now, if I could do "Funny Girl" on Broadway....

"Rosemary's Baby" is about as perfect a film, in its own way, as "The Wizard Of Oz". Every frame, from first to last is riveting, it is perfectly cast, it moves like a dream, and you come away satisfied! Much better than "Mark Of The Devil," where all you do is vomit when the tongs hold the mutilated tongue up to the camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are no gimmicks in this film, and not a wasted moment!!!! And wouldn't I just LOVE to have that painting of the burning church in the Castevets apartment!!!!
Let me know where I can get one, loves!!!!!

This is one movie with no "chalky under taste!" Taste THIS, dolls!!!!!!!!!

No comments: