Followers

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Happy Ash Wednesday, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           Well, girls, here we are, we made it to another Ash Wednesday.  A little late this year, but better late than never!

                              This is no joke, loves. When I was very small, still too young to really participate in the rituals of Catholicism, but knowing about them, I thought Ash Wednesday involved a priest smoking a cigarette over you, and flicking burning ashes on your forehead.

                                  I am sure, in certain quarters, this would be welcome.  So, when it came time for me to actually receive ashes, I was a little apprehensive about it.  Th ashes were nothing.  But the priest reminding you of death ("Remember, man, that you are dust, and to dust you shall return!") was pretty traumatic stuff for a kid, what with the health problems I was facing at the time, which made this more of a
possibility than for most.  Glad I was able to stick around for all those I love--like Monsieur--and my girls!

                                    So, I am grateful this Ash Wednesday.  As for giving something up for Lent, I gave up on that long ago!!!!!!!!!  Coffee??????????  Come on; I would be a fucking bitch to live with!  Even more than I am, already!   Chocolate?  I don't eat enough of it--though maybe those muffin tops!!!!!!!  We shall see!

                                    In any case, Lent is here, welcome it, everyone!

                                    Easter is approaching, and you know what that means.  The annual screening of"The Song Of Bernadette."

                                      Wishing you visions of loveliness, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: