Followers

Monday, November 2, 2015

Party! Party! Party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           Darlings, what a day it was, yesterday!  I actually went to two parties...one in reality, the other in my dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            The REAL party, which was in Newark, New Jersey, at Casa Vasca on Elm Street, was for my friend (and cherub) Tom, who,this Wednesday, hits 50!!!!!!!  I cannot believe it!!!!!!!!!! We were practically out of the sandbox when we met, and now here we are contemplating rockers!!!!!!!!!  At least, I am!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            And the trip to Jersey!!!!!!!!!!  Oh, my God!!!!!!!!!!!  You know, as The Raving Queen, I don't get over there too much, anymore!  I mean, there is a whole river that has to be crossed!  Fortunately, my beloved and I used the PATH train, which was running perfectly, and I am telling you, you have got to take this ride just to see the scenic splendor of New Jersey. Oh, I am telling you, the industrialism of Harrison just melted my heart, causing great nostalgic yearning for the quagmires of the so-called Garden State!  I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

                            What a gathering!  New friends, and old, the food was scrumptious, and the sangria was heaven sent. I certainly partook of my share of that, but, then, "The whole world loves ME!!!!!!!!!"  Especially when I drink some sangria.

                             Tom received numerous gifts, of which mine was one.  I was thrilled by the turnout, though there were some I missed.  But the event, hosted by Tom, was a thrilling way to spend a Sunday.

                               Now, when we got home, between the sangria I drank, and expunged  from my system, I was exhausted, so it is no wonder Paula put me to sleep.  She wore that ugly, sleeveless black thing that makes her look fat, but that is all I can tell you, because I was soon fast asleep.  And because of the sangria I had a fabulous dream.

                               I dreamt that my beloved and I were staffers on some sort of Meryl Streep movie!  And MERYL herself threw a wrap party!  She sat on a stage, thanking everyone, looking stunning, of course, and handing out gifts to each person.  I have no idea what I got, but, if it came from MERYL, you know it was high quality and worthy of keeping!

                                Too bad MERYL could not make Tom's party. Perhaps she is making plans for Stanley Tucci's, whose birthday is November 11--exactly one week before mine!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   November is off to a galloping start, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: