Followers

Friday, November 24, 2023

Birthday Chronicles, Part Five--The Night, And Afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          So, we made it back to the hotel from the theater, girls.  You want to talk about anxiety? Forget Mel Brooks; I have enough for us all.  I was nervous walking the streets of Manhattan at night--Something I never gave a thought to, thirty or forty years ago--and I was worried because I had not slept well the night before, and how would I sleep in this lovely, but strange, environment?



                          As it turned out, between all the magic of the day, and with David right beside me, I slept one of the best nights of my life.  And yes, we stayed up until 11:45PM, when I officially turned 69.  One year closer to 70!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Where did the time go?????????????


                                                                         

                        Sleeping the way I did that night, time just drifted by, and it was soon morning.  We got up-, showered and dressed--oh, my God! real water pressure, elegance, and all kinds of shampoos and conditioners.  I was in a beauty paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Coiffed, we made our way down to the dining area, where we had breakfast; I had oatmeal and coffee, which is my usual breakfast at home, while David had bagels and lox.  We were satisfied.  But all dreams must end, and by that time, both of us were exhausted from the previous day.


                                                                        

                       So, we took an Uber, and returned home to Bay Ridge, Brooklyn, where Baby Gojira was so glad to see us and hear of our adventures.


                         And that was my 69th birthday.


                        Sweet dreams, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                                           

2 comments:

Victoria said...

now THAT is what I call a birthday Extravaganza!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
As I said, it was like out of a dream. Only it was REAL!