Followers

Friday, February 17, 2012

Darlings, What Do You Think Of This Bedroom Redesign?????



Girls, I have always had a weakness, architecturally, for anything Victorian. When I saw the movie "Mary Poppins" at the tender age of 9 (though that was the Edwardian period) I wanted so much to redo my room as the nursery in that film.

Well, darlings, being an adult is no exception. Wouldn't it be FABULOUS to redo my bedroom like the nursery pictured above????? You better believe that tea table and set is all important, and the white trim, honey, I am telling you!!!!! But there will have to be some adjustments. I am not so sure about the rocking horse, although, for picturesque effect it cannot be beat. Though it is not like I am going to ride it!!!!!

But adjustments will have to be made. Much as I would love to have a big picture window, where I can sit and read, that is not possible, unless I want to spend a ton of money, though it would be worth it to have Mary Martin fly in, as Peter Pan, though, with my luck, I might get end up with some social deviant.
Not in MY bedroom, darlings!!!!!!!! And not in MY nursery!!!!!!!!!!

Mind you, decisions are not final. The color scheme in the picture is nice; but I have always wanted to have one in blue and white, where all the walls are blue, and clouds are painted on them, and especially on the ceiling, with stars, so it is like looking up at the sky. Maybe then, Mary Poppins will fly in!!!!!!! I could handle that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, let me know what you think, darlings!!!!!!!!!!! I will say one thing--it is a big improvement over when I wanted to redo my bedroom like the comic book character Little Dot, and have the walls painted with polka dots; not black, as in her case, but orange, as in mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chanel must be turning in her grave, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: