Followers

Friday, August 21, 2015

Girls, I Am Telling You, After Hearing Big Edie Sing, You Will Never Think Of "Tea For Two" In The Same Way, Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             In their own, ways, the Edies were the height of their own fashion.  They made art out of what they had.  Look at Big Edie, with the blue, and that hat.  I wonder if ANNA ever met them, or how much influence they had on her?

                              You have to wonder. But here's the thing. The reason I love the Edies so much is I get them.  They withdrew from the world, into one of their own.  They went through the looking glass, without being Alice.

                                How I wish I had the luxury to do the same thing. Because, at times, the world gets to be too much.  In times past, I wanted to withdraw so bad, but then I was not deranged enough. There has to be a degree of unhinging to do what the Edies did.  Oh, well, twenty years down the road, who knows?

                                  And how the hell did they survive those icy Long Island winters?  Especially living by the water, as they did.  Sure, they could layer up, but no heat makes the cold pierce even through that.  These two had to have strong constitutions.  Both made it to their eighties, I believe.

                                    So, here is Big Edie making this classic her signature number.

                                     "How happy we could be," darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: