Followers

Sunday, April 3, 2016

There Was A Time When This Apartment Fascinated Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               You have to  remember, darlings, that, back in 1986, I was much younger, chronologically, and in terms of life experience, so Dorothy Vallens' creepy looking apartment in "Blue Velvet"( Apt. 710, in the Deep River Apartments) was one I wanted to live in.  Today, I am not so sure how good an idea that would have been; my tastes in home decoration improved, and, considering how Dorothy turned out, the creepiness that I at first found fascinating could have, ultimately, plunged me into a state of deep depression.  I mean, Dorothy was something of a depressive, herself.

                                My Woodside apartment was not dark, but it was depressing; I just did not like the neighborhood.  Which is why, when the weather would get nice, I spent so little time, there.

                                   So, now, I am glad I did not live in an apartment like this, though I was offered something like it, while searching in Queens.  Dorothy's apartment still continues to fascinate--but only when I stare at it upon the screen!

                                     Just like the apartment building, which is till there, in Wilmington, North Carolina!!!!!!   "Blue Velvet" is a hard film to get out of one's consciousness!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: