Followers

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Is It TONY Weekend?????????? Or "Hamilton??????????????"


                             Well, girls, here we are, the day before the TONYS, which may have accounted, as much as the colonoscopy, for my feeling bitchy this week.  I have to agree with an article I read--usually there is some kind of suspense, especially over what wins the Best Musical award.  But that is a no-brainer, because even non-theater folk sense "Hamilton" cannot be stopped from its winning juggernaut, so there IS suspense lacking there.  As for me, I don't care, because, if you look far afield, there is plenty of suspense in other categories.

                              Will "She Loves Me" take home Best Musical Revival, as it should?  Will "The Crucible" and "A View From The Bridge" cancel each other out?  And how about Laura Benanati, and Jessie Mueller???????

                                How will "She Love Me" be showcased?  And "Waitress?"  Will Tony viewers get to see and hear Jessie so heartrendingly sing "She Used To Be Mine??????????"   Oh, my God; I hope so!!!!!!!!!!

                                  How will the non-musical nominees be showcased?  Or, will they?

                                  And lastly, why is an excuse ALWAYS found to showcase "Spring Awakening?"  I don't care if it performed by an ant farm. it is STILL a piece of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                    So, cheer up, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!  There STILL will be plenty of suspense tomorrow night on the TONY Awards!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      I can't wait to dish with you, on Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: