Followers

Monday, September 4, 2017

The Truth About......"The Truth About Jane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                   The other day, while watching "Something About Amelia," I came across a Lifetime Movie, made in 2,000, I had never heard of, called "The Truth About Jane."

                                    Ellen Muth gave a moving performance, as Jane, with Stockard Channing and James Naughton as her frustrated, but wanting to understand, parents.

                                     The parents, I have to say, are not demonized.  Though understanding and acceptance seems to come easier to the father (Naughton) than to the mother (Channing).  I kept wondering why.

                                      Second, overall, I have to say, movies have done a better job with the problems of young girls transitioning into gay adults, than with boys.  Why is that?  The only movie I can think of that realistically and painfully deals with a boy's problem is 1976's "The Loneliest Runner," where the issue is not sexuality, but bed wetting.  And DeAnn Mears as the most hellish of Mothers From Hell makes a strong contributing factor.

                                      Why aren't gay boy stories made on this level?  Why do they always seem to skirt around the issue, when movies like "The Truth About Jane?" tackle it, head  on?

                                        It isn't any easier for boys out there, girls!  In fact, I think it is harder.

                                        But, take a look at "The Truth About Jane," and then ask yourselves, why the truth is not told about boys??????????  At least, as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          And don't tell me "Boys In The Band!"  Get outta here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I remember the loneliest runner; I thought Lance Kerwin was Ever So Dreamy
As an adult he ran into trouble with the law but last I read, he had turned his life around and had become a pastor, I think.

The Raving Queen said...


Yes, you are correct about Lance
Kerwin. At the time of "The
Loneliest Runner," along with
"James At 15," he was the
highest paid kid in television.

Sad how many child actors go
off the rails as adults.

I watched 'Runner' recently, and
it still holds up.

Victoria said...

As you've said, is fame really worth it. : ((