Followers

Friday, October 12, 2018

I Have Some Very Sad News, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                I just discovered, the other day, that, after eight years, Paws Truly is calling it quits.  Its last day will be December 23, right before Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 If you have not been there, I urge you to go.

                                 For those of us, including myself, who go often, the place was more than a pet supply store, (though I bought Christmas gifts for Cujo and Chloe there) it was a kind of community or social center, for animal lovers of all types.  Just a hug from Seamus, the lovable labradoodle, and Bay Ridge's most celebrated canine, or a chirp from Sparky, the parrot, could bring comfort to a troubled day.

                                   Soon, Seamus and Sparky will be hanging out at home.  Maybe they will start a new business.  Or have a reality show.  As will their owners, Michael and Deidre.

                                     The caring and warmth of all these people and animals will be missed by the community.  It is sad this has to happen, but the way of economics is a risky one today.

                                       I shall miss this store, and inhabitants, dearly, when it is gone.  But I know they will all go on to great glory and success.
I love you, Seamus!  See you on St. Pat's Day!
And love to you, too Sparky!  Keep on chirping!!!!!!!!!!!

So, visit Paws Truly in the next two months.  It is the end of an era!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Sad indeed.
I know some people think it is silly to grieve over animals like I do, but God notices when so much as a sparrow falls from a tree, and He cares when a little cat or dog is sick or hurt

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

I could not agree with you more.
This place was an important part of
my life since we moved to Bay Ridge.
I will truly miss it!