Followers

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Now, Here Is A Challenge I Would Love To Attempt--But Just Once!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           During the Summers of my late childhood and adolescence, there were two traditions, unplanned, that would happen each year.  One was locking myself and my maternal grandmother, who lived with us, out of the house, and having to climb in a window, ruining one each year, essentially breaking in to my own home, to let my grandmother in.

                              That was such fun!

                               Another involved the Dairy Queen, just a block away from me, at the top of North Ninth Avenue and Raritan Avenue, in Highland Park, NJ.  They advertised something called a Hot Fudge Brownie Delight, and the picture looked so good---a mound of  vanilla ice cream, hot fudge poured over it, and two chocolate brownies on each side.  All in a read, boat-like dish.  The picture was so irresistible, I just had to try it.  But it was so overly rich, so much sugar and ice cream and chocolate overload, that I could never finish it,  After a few bites, I would just give up.

                                Still, up to the time I graduated from high school, I would try.  Never to succeed.

                                 Once in college, I gave this up.  I guess I just lost interest.

                                 Now, in  the book I just posted about, "We That Are Young," Radja/Regan is gluttonous both in food, and fashion.  She tries to maintain a fashionable side, but, hey, with cravings of both food and sex, a girl can only do so much.  In one scene, she asks a servant to bring to her a "hot chocolate volcano."  That intrigued me; I wondered if there is such a thing.

                                    Well, there is.  There are recipes on the Internet, and I want to try one of them.  There is also a place in Philly called Café Rim, that specializes in this, and hell, I just might make a trip there.

                                        I mean, darlings, doesn't it look just luscious???????????????????

                                        You can bet I will do my best to finish this!  Even if I am laid up in bed afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: