Followers

Monday, July 20, 2026

If I Had Gone Into Show Business, I Might Have Ended Up Like This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                                                

                               That's right, girls!  Singing in a sleazy Atlantic City night club in New Jersey, drinking in between performances, and talking to anyone who will listen, like Dorothy Comignore as Susan Alexander in "Citizen Kane."  The movie makes it look fascinating but is it really?  What does Susan have now, compared to what she had?  At least she does not have to do jigsaw puzzles anymore!



                              Or I could be in some sleazy Manhattan night club, straddling the piano in a glamorous thirties gown, and singing "I'm Just A Black Sheep Who's Blue," like Dorothy Dell as Bangles Carson in "Little Miss Marker."



                                Some choices, huh?  Maybe it is a good thing I did not go into show business.



                               Oh, honey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                               "Why don't you come and take me away from it all??I'm just a black sheep who's blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

1 comment:

Victoria said...

It’s fun to fantasize about what a show biz life might have been like!!