Followers

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Girls, We Shopped Until We Dropped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Well, darlings, last night's shopping excursion WAS a success, but it offered numerous challenges. Now, let me say, when the Raving Queen goes shopping solo, it is something fierce!!!!!!! I storm into the store, tense, with this manic look on my eye, because I am on a mission. I go directly to the department, find what I want, pay for it, and I am outta there. Usually in about thirty minutes!!!!!!!!

But shopping with the lovely Monsieur Davide is a different experience altogether. We got what we came for. But it took a good deal longer than thirty minutes, what with all the perusing, the trying on and taking off and trying on again, making sure the fit was just right, and the look perfect for our trip South, it was something of an ordeal. And then the poor, confused salesman, while attractive in an enigmatic kind of Italian way, definitely was not adept at multi-taking or dealing with screaming Theater Queens screaming "I wanna see 'Sister Act!'"
while a bedraggled Monsieur tries to complete the transaction.

I was EMOTIONALLY exhausted. But we emerged triumphant. The designer of choice was Ralph Lauren, who seems to have grasped the concept that men (or least US men, darlings!!!!!) like COLOR!!!!!! When we got home, I am telling you we crashed--but so many PRETTY things to look at!!!!!! Wait till you see my orange hat!!!!!!!

But it sure isn't like shopping for books or Original Cast recordings.

Let me give you all a fashion tip that has stood by me for over thirty years--when you pick up an item, and hear the designer's voice in your head say, "Look what I have created for YOU!", that is how you know when to buy it. No questions asked.

I have to admit if it had not been as hot it might have been a bit more exciting. But hot is what we are expecting in New Orleans. If only I looked like Elizabeth Taylor in "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof;" I would feel so clean and cool. If only we ALL did, darlings!!!!! But I am sure Liz had her moments, too!!!!!!!

But the results were successful. I don't know if I can promise pictures, loves, but I can promise you full on locale reports--as many as I can get out---from the Big Easy, once I get there.

Meanwhile, we have to look towards those TONY Awards. May all your shopping excursions be successful and easy!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: