Followers

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Two Classics Have Curtains Up! Tonight, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!


                                 And on opposite sides of the river, to boot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Here in town, at the Palace Theatre, the James Lapine directed revival of "Annie" goes up, its first full fledged Broadway revival since the 1977 Original.  I am SO excited for those little girls, who are about to get a REAL Broadway experience tonight.  If you remember the show, girls, when the Overture finishes, and that curtain goes up, the Orphans  are onstage, and have it to themselves for a good bit before Miss Hannigan arrives.  Darlings, I am telling you, not since 1977, have I wanted to be an Orphan so badly.  I mean, not in the truly familial sense, but in the sense of being one in this show.  I should turn up backstage at the Palace, just in case one of the little darlings upchucks, and cannot go on!!!!!!!  I know the whole thing; you damn well, better believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   But I cannot be in two places at once, and on the other side of the river, in Milburn, New Jersey, its production of "A Chorus Line," staged by Mitzi Hamilton (the one on whom Val was based!!!!!) goes up, and I wish I could be there as well, to cheer the cast on, and most especially step into that opening combination. Which, like Sheila, darlings, I especially know when I am in the front!!!!!!!!!  Will Donna be there????????  Baayork??????  Kelly?????????? Priscilla????????  I can only imagine, and wouldn't it be exciting if they were???????????????

                                    I will much more to tell you about this one, loves, because Monsieur and I both are seeing it on Sunday afternoon--this coming Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!  Now, needless to say, I have been exercising, stretching my arms and legs, and working m y tail off this week, in just the off chance that, before the show goes up when I am there, the stage manager appears, asking if there is anyone in the audience who knows the show well enough to be able to do it.  I will be there in two seconds!!!!!! I would LOVE to do Cassie, but if they need me for anyone else--no problem!!!!!!!!!  And, I am telling you, this would be a performance to remember!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is going to be anyway, since it is the first time many of us are seeing the show in the wake of Marvin Hamlisch's passing!!!!!!!  I wonder if that will be mentioned????????

                                      So, break a leg, casts, on this rather special theater night!!!!!!!!!!  I haven't felt this excited in ages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         Hope to see my girls on the aisle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: