Followers

Sunday, November 18, 2018

"Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                     And so, girls we come to the end of Musical Theater Week, with the birthday of yours truly.

                                     "Lord, Lord, Lord, that woman is ME!," as the song goes, and as I turn 64, a year I have been anticipating and dreading.  It was the age at which my mother passed, 40 years ago next year, and my first thought is, "How did I arrive here so fast?"

                                         So, in keeping with things, I thought it best to start with "Who's That Woman?"  This year, as will be seen, there will be two birthday songs, and the second one, when heard, will make perfect sense.

                                          Yesterday, we saw "A Chorus Line" at City Center, which was perfection.  Thank you, Baayork Lee!  And I received birthday wishes, from my animal friends--Seamus, Sparky, and Indiana Jones!  And Dexter!  All are dogs, except Sparky, who is a parrot, and gives me sweet bird kisses.

                                            I will report on "A Chorus Line," and others things yet to be written.

                                            To think I have reached 64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            Here are two renditions of "Who's That Woman?"  An audio from the Original Cast Recording, back in 1971, and a live one of the production we saw, 40 years later, in 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Videolaman said...

Glad you gave in, and opted to see yet another "Chorus Line" production for your birthday! You would have regretted it later if you didn't go.

As for "Who's That Woman?" - oh, honey, that song plays every morning when I look in the mirror. I have no idea who that reflection with balding head and silver Santa Claus beard is supposed to be. It sure as hell can't be me: I still think I'm Audrey Hepburn in "Roman Holiday".

The Raving Queen said...


But aren't you Audrey in "Roman Holiday?"
At 64, I felt the song appropriate. And you
are right; I would have regretted not going to
"A Chorus Line."

In just a couple of weeks we will have
"Il Trittico," at the opera. I will have to
be on guard from those Vicious Opera Queens!