Followers

Monday, March 18, 2019

What Is Jessie Mueller Up To, These Days????????????????????????????????


                             I have been wondering the same thing, myself, girls, and I have some news, and some hope.

                              The news is that Jessie and Megan Hilty have been signed to star in a Lifetime Movie called "Patsy And Loretta," detailing the friendship and careers of Patsy Cline and Loretta Lynn.  Megan Hilty will play Patsy Cline; the question I have is, can she actually sing, or will they dub Patsy tracks onto her like with Jessica Lange in "Sweet Dreams?"  No problem with Jessie as Loretta; I can't wait to hear her on those songs.  This should be the greatest turn since Sissy Spacek in "Coal Miner's Daughter," and Ronee Blakley in "Nashville."

                               The hope I hold out for is this--Hugh Jackman is scheduled, in October of 2020, to play Harold Hill  in a Broadway revival of "The Music Man."  Having just played the role of Marianne, at the Kennedy Center, it is my fervent hope Jessie will repeat this role on Broadway!!!!!!!!!  So, we can all see it!  I get teary eyed, just thinking of her singing "Good Night, My Someone!!!!!!!!!!!  Go, Jessie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                 Alas, will there also be Rosie O'Donnell as Mrs. Paroo???????  How about an actress of more subtlety and nuance, but that sure ain't Rosie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cast that sow as a porked pig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   So, let's wish the best for Jessie. Her career is deservedly branching out, but the stage is where she shines the best!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     And where we love to see her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: