Followers

Sunday, July 12, 2020

Is It Time To Go To The Dentist?????????? Should I Call The Office??????????????????


                                Normally, I would be due for a visit in August, but who knows if I will be able to see him?  Still, I want to keep my teeth nice and shiny, like this gruesome toothsome here.  The one on the left is Gina, played by Andree Melly, and she is the one I want to look like.  They are two of "The Brides Of Dracula," which David taped, and again erased a film I have always wanted to see.

                                  This film was released to theaters in 1960.  My God, it is 60 years old!  I was too young, then, but, once I discovered "Famous Monsters Of Filmland," during my mid-childhood, I found out about this film.

                                     Then, when "The Addams Family" and "The Munsters" became all the rage,  on TV, Milton Bradley put out a card game, which I owned, call "Monster Old Maid."  It was the same as the traditional game, except the card deck consisted of  photos of famous monsters from movies.  But they made one mistake, which still stands out today.  The Old Maid card was called "Dracula's Daughter," but the photo used for her was Andree Melly, as Gina, who I knew, even then, was from "The Brides Of Dracula."

                                       "Dracula's Daughter" was a 1936 sequel to Universal's 1931 hit, with Bela Lugosi, and starred Gloria Holden, in the title role.  So, she should have gone on the card.  It bears watching; it is wonderfully atmospheric, and is a sub-textual lesbian film.

                                         So, this phot reminded me I need to tend to my teeth.  That is, if my dentist will see me!

                                           Perhaps I could send Gina, with her teeth, to persuade him!

                                             You just gotta love this pic, kiddies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

If only they’d had Instagram back then!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Wonder what these two would have said?