Followers

Sunday, August 16, 2020

"It Was NOT A Nut House!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

 

                     Time for the big reveal, girls, as to what has been going on, at this end.


                       I was in the hospital, this week.


                       It started with a routine visit, on Thursday, to my endocrinologist, for a diabetes follow up.  All was fine there, but a sudden discovery was made, of which I had been unaware.  My heart was beating at a sky high rate.  Fortunately, my cardiologist, was in the same building, and he ordered me transported to NYU, Tisch, at the ER, where my David met me.


                           The team there--Dr. Kyle Pasternak was a real cutie, girls, so if you have to go here, ask for him--worked amazingly.  Everyone did a first rate job of poking me, injecting me with meds to bring down my heart rate.  These were done on an IV, and they would work for a second or two, then go back up.  Eventually, some oral doses of cardizem did the trick.  It was decided, however, to keep me overnight for observation.  This was a good idea.  I was sent home on Friday, and have been recovering nicely, though I may be on cardizem or some  other heart med it my cardiologist determines it, and my thyroid med will have to changed, as it seems the too high dosage triggered the heart issue.


                              All the nurses and staff there were nice, and especially encouraging.  They got that I was scared, and there were no alarmist tactics to apply.  Kudos to everyone I came into contact with, especially my assigned nurses, Amanda and Jenna, who took such good care of me.


                                The book, as stated, got me through it.


                                 But let me assure you, dolls, there is no toilet seat like one's very own!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Scary any time, but during a pandemic, beyond horrifying!!!! Dr. Kyle sounds dreamy!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,

Yes, Dr. Kyle was dreamy.
So is my cardiologist, whom I am positive
is gay. But brilliant.

More to read in my email.

Thanks for all the emotional support,
at this time!