Followers

Monday, October 21, 2013

Don't Let This Skank Bother You, Darlings! Just Wait Till She Gets Raked Over The Coals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 Which I am about to do, hons, so here goes--

                                  Ever since hearing about Rachael Sacks, (who, let's get one thing straight, right away, girls, is not of Goldman Sachs, so she is not THAT rich!!!!!) then reading her now notorious essay, "I'm Not Going To Pretend I'm Poor To Be Accepted By You," several things have been floating through my mind.

                                    First, those of you who have read on here long enough--there will be more to be said about Miss Rachael here on Thursday, and if you think that means what you think it does, you are right!

                                     The fuss over this essay reminds me, in a rather inverted way, of all the fuss made over Joyce Maynard's NY Times piece, "An Eighteen-Year-Old Looks Back On Life," back in 1972.  I never thought I would say this, but, so help me God, Joyce is a better writer!  I am not saying she is Jane Austen, but, lambs, Little Miss Sacks is not even in the same league with Jackie Collins!  Calling Rachael a writer would be like calling Jacqueline Susann (whom you know I love, dolls!) Proust!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      And to think Rachael is pursuing a writing degree at the New School, and she wants to be a novelist?  Uhm, yeah!!!!!!!!  Talk about flushing money down the tubes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Now, all that said--and with more to say on Thursday--I cannot help but be forced to admit that, in Bette Davis vernacular, "Honey Child does have a point!!!!!!!!!!!"

                                        Somewhere in the essay, Miss Sacks makes the point that people should not have to pretend to be what they are.  And, sweeties, in the context of my own life, I want to say that I agree
with her statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         She admits she is a spoiled brat.  She admits it.  Well, so do I!  Wait if our paths cross!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                         But, honestly, in just that one sentence, she IS right.

                                         Look at the context of my life, dolls!  I am the Raving Queen, I am fabulous and
brilliant, and I have KNOWN I was such from the time I was born. My parents, in a misguided move, which I will never understand, sent me to the school in town where all the poor and dumb kids went--you know, from the wrong side of the tracks.  That school did not meet my needs, and I  resented all my classmates and teachers, in it!  When I got among those I should have been with, in the upper grades, well, I found my challenge and competition, which made me happy, but not the social acceptance I felt should have come my way.

                                       By the standards of my parents, I should have pretended I was inferior!  And, as I have said, maybe if I hadn't, maybe if I had been  more  snotty, I either would have been accepted, or so despised I would have had to be placed in another school, which would have made me happy, too!

                                       When these years were finally ended, and I got out into the real world, I made up my mind I was NEVER going to behave that way again.  If I felt I was superior to anyone who dared to confront me, and suggest anything less, I was not going to hesitate to let then know, in no uncertain terms!
So, they don't like hearing this?  Fuck them!  I don't like hearing the crap I had to hear from them, in the first place!!!!!!!!!!

                                         I have held on to this tenet and these modes of behavior for well over several decades!  Which is how I have survived in this Town called New York!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                          Now, if someone out there wants to attack me in the same way Rachael was, I say, "Honey, go ahead!  I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!"  But be prepared to get yourself cut down to size!  I take no prisoners, dolls!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

                                            If only this blog post would go viral!  I wish it would!  And to those who don't like it--FU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            The difference between Rachael and I is not just a matter of economics; I freely admit I am not as rich as she is, and don't give a shit  about it!!!!!  I do, however,  have breeding, which she does not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

                                             Which, as I said, does not mean that that one part of her essay is not right.  It is!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                             It's not so much, her being a bitch; she is, in fact a fabulous bitch!  She is just a very bad writer!

                                              Unlike yours truly, loves!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: