Followers

Friday, December 20, 2013

Something That Hardly Gets Heard, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

           
                                 We are swiftly coming down the home stretch, girls, what with the two of us due to leave for my sister's this coming Monday.  Which means I will be out of communication for several days, not because of lack of a computer, but the picture device on her machine does not allow me to post visuals--or I don't know how to--and you don't think I would deprive my girls, now, do you?  So, how do I get it all in--"It Came Upon The Midnight Clear," Good King Wenceslas," "While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks," and other surprises?????


                                  Today, I am going with something that I am sure few of you have heard, lovely though it be.  It is the "Wexford Carol," which originates from County Wexford, in Ireland, and dates back to the 12th Century!

                                   Back in my Sixties childhood, when anyone who sang recorded a solo Christmas album, we had, in the house, "Christmas With Julie Andrews."  It had a green background, the titles in white, and a photo of Julie, at her Sixties "Sound Of Music" loveliest!!!!!!

                                    She did many classics and standards of the Season, but the most haunting was her rendition of the "Wexford Carol," which I had never heard of, and probably never would, if not for Julie!!!!!

                                     So, why should my girls be deprived?????  Here is Julie, in her prime, rendering a song that barely gets any mention or air play.  Too bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                      Yule Tide Greetings, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: