Followers

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Are You Ready For The Summer?????????????????


                                       Having just had Juneteenth, (I really Must-read Ralph Ellison's book, sometime!) we are at the start of Summer, which is today, June21.  I wish you all a joyful and exciting one, but most of all one that is safe.  Which is why I don't see myself riding the rides at Coney or laying on the beach.  With my fair skin????????????  I do anticipate a lot of Summer Reading, which is something I can do, largely without endangerment of any kind.



                                            However, you celebrate the Summer--and David and I plan to spend it with Svengoolie and maybe Sventoonie--make the most of this magical 80 plus days that is given to us each year.  Visit places, stay safe, and be aware.  Wear colorful short things, but use plenty of sun screen.



                                               This time also brings that annual conundrum--this is the first day of Summer, but is today actually the longest day of the year?  If so, was last night the shortest night?  And do things start reducing after today?  Or is it tomorrow, the 22nd.  I prefer this last, because that was how I recall being taught it, and tomorrow is also MERYL's birthday, and well, how fitting she should have been born during a solstice period.



                                                  So, whatever day by choice, welcome, Summer!  Towns are opening, people are breathing restfully, and my wish to everyone is a Summer of peace and non-violence!



                                                  And fashions!  Of course, fashions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                              

4 comments:

Victoria said...

I share your wish for a safe, fun, peaceful, Non-Violent summer!!
Not to mention fashion, accessories, music, art, fresh fruit, and cold beverages!!!
I have been thinking about how I could make a difference in the world.
To be a force for GOOD.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
That is a great goal. And time for
me to drink ice coffee these days.
And, yes, safety for ALL.

Victoria said...

Iced coffee and iced tea and iced lemonade Oh My!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

And maybe a vanilla milk shake!