Followers

Friday, June 17, 2022

While This Shot May Look Campy As Hell, "Frankenstein 1970" Was A Piece Of Crap, And One Of The Worst "Svengoolie" Showcases!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                         No wonder, apart from the opening scene, the film did not impress me as a child. Even back then, I could recognize a piece of crap when I saw one.  The mummified monster was done on the cheap; the one in "Frankenstein's Daughter," released the same year, 1958, was funny and campy.



                                           As far as bosoms and the 1950s, this is as good as it gets, and it happens so quickly, if one blinks, it is missed.  This was the slowest moving horror film I can recall; I swear the whole thing was like an improv class, where they made it up as they went along. Which would not surprise me, as the entire film was shot in eight days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                               Meanwhile, the repeat deconstruction of 1963's "Dementia 13," was just what the doctor ordered.  After watching "Frankenstein 1970," who wouldn't need some booze?  My personal booze is Diet Coke, so you bet I guzzled a glassful, while watching this treasure.


                                  An evil mother-in-law, heavily modeled after "Rebecca's" Mrs. Danvers, evil, incestuous children, and mysterious toys, are all part of the thrills.

                                    This was a visual highlight, and it made me want to see the entire film, which I think can be done, for free, on You Tube.  If I get some time, girls, I will watch it, and diss with you over the entire thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                        That Kathleen!!!!!!!!!!!!  She was a nasty little bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Hard to believe these were taken seriously at the time

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Indeed! Maybe people were more naive at
the time. or scared easily. When I see
'Dementia' in its entirety, I will write
a post.

Glad you are back on here. If you had not
been today, I would have emailed you. Are
things OK on your end?

Victoria said...

aww thanks for caring, it means a lot!!
My phone decides to take a nap sometimes lol