Followers

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Girls, What About "Dance Moms"?????



Darlings, I am sure some of you must be wondering why I have not written on line about this show. The truth is, for one, I have not seen an entire episode, only the trailer. The second, is, do I really want to????? I mean, let's face it, the dance instructor is no Donna McKechnie or Kelly Bishop, but looks more as though she should be cast in opera ss Brunhilde. I bet you, Donna, Kelly, and Baayork took one look at this concept, and were glad they were not a part of it.

From what I can tell, you might as well call this "Bitch! Bitch! Bitch!" There does not seem to be much variation. Either the Instructor is bitching at her juvenile divas, the divas are bitching at each other, the Instructor is bitching at the Divas' Mothers, or the mothers are bitching each other. You would expect this to get rather repetitious.

Camp bitchiness is one thing, but we have to have variety, girls. I mean, if you think these bunheads from Pittsburgh are going to land in New York, or grow up to be as cast as extras in things like "Burlesque" or "Smash"--forget it!!!!!!! They will end up opening dance studios of their own when adults, doing their barre moves in front of the TV, to the accompaniment of "The Turning Point." Now, THAT might be something to watch!!!!!!!!!!

I promise, darlings, I will this one a look see. But, until, mark my words. "A Chorus Line" I am sure it is not. And where is Debbie Allen, when she is needed????

Five-six-seven-eight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: