Followers

Thursday, January 2, 2014

What A Fabulous Show This Would Make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              I just love that Sante Kimes!!!!!!!!!!!!  You have to hand it to her, girls, she and son Kenny are such fascinating characters.  As a role, she did wonders for Marty Tyler Moore.  Now, it is time to talking about getting them onto the Broadway musical stage!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                              Patti Lu Pone and Michael Cevaris worked so well as Mrs. Lovett and Sweeney Todd that I think they should be  teamed again!  I think they would be ideal, in a musical, to play Sante and Kenny Kimes!!!!!!!

                               Call it "Sante! The Musical".  "Mother And Child" is a little prosaic, but doesn't sell it so well!  So, I am opting for the first title!

                                  You can count on Patti to outdo herself!  Her big, eleven o'clock number--something like "I Did It All For You, Kenny!!!!!!!!!!!"-- would be a high point of terror.  She would scare the crap out of not only audiences watching, but everyone on stage, working with her!  Even Michael Cevaris!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   Just like Sante!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                   The problem I see would be, who could play Irene Silverman?????????  From an acting standpoint, I could see Estelle Parson, even Ellen Burstyn--but can they sing??????  How about Louise Fletcher?????????  Same thing!!!!!!!!!!!  Where is Kay Medford when she is needed????????
Hey, how about Kaye Ballard?  Now, there IS a possibility!  I think it is between she and Estelle!!!!!!!!!!!

                                     But you know what?  I would like a crack at it!  I can make myself up as an old harridan!  I can bitch and moan!!!!!!!!!!!  And I would LOVE--demand, really--a really big, juicy show stopping number of my own!!!!!!!!!  Maybe even a triplet with Patti and Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Can you imagine??????????????

                                        So, get cracking, Patti!!!!!!!!!!  What have you been doing lately??????  Get this project off the ground!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                        "Sante!" could be the Toast Of The Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: