Followers

Wednesday, October 4, 2023

As The Carpenters Once Sang, "Bless The Beasts And The Children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                             And I don't want any girls getting smart on me, and telling me it also a novel by Glendon Swarthout, because I read it as a teenager.



                             This past Sunday, the Episcopal Church across the street from us, Christ Church, Bay Ridge, had an animal blessing after their 10:30 service.  David and I were there because I wanted to see all the cute animals, some of whom flocked to me, and because we bought a very special animal of ours, Baby Gojira!  And the priest blessed him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                 We were so honored, because he really is our baby, we dress him up in various outfits, which he loves, and he behaved so well during the blessing and the service.  It was nice to hear dogs barking, during the latter.


                          It was so appropriate this event was held last Sunday, because today happens to be the Feast Day Of St. Francis Of Assisi.  The patron saint of animals, whom I am the neighborhood version of, not because I am a saint--far from it!!!!!!!!!!!!--but because I love to greet all the animals, and many come running to me.  Especially my beloved Cujo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                            So, on this day, say a prayer for our friend, Nicholas, and do something good for an animal, if you get the chance.



                             "All Creatures Great And Small/The Lord God Made Them All."

4 comments:

Victoria said...

there’s Zero chance of Sainthood for myself as well.
Animals love us Unconditionally.
They bring so much joy and comfort to our lives.
They ask so little.
Poor Nicholas; our distinguished gentleman.

RR said...

I'm not particularly spiritual, but I love the blessing of the animals at the church in my neighborhood. It's a nice, accepting, nonpolitical church, so it feels good to contribute when the collection plate comes around. And the ceremony brings together locals who love their pets.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Yes, Nicholas is a distinguished gentleman, deserving better than what he is getting. If only I could visit and cheer him up. I put my hope that someday it will happen, when least expected.

The Raving Queen said...

RR,
This was my first animal blessing this year, and it was so beautiful.
I even made some new friends, as many pets flocked around me, and I was happy to give them additional love. Their owners appreciated it, too.