Followers

Friday, March 15, 2024

"A Soothsayer Advises Beware The Ides Of March!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                        Yes, darlings, today is THAT day, but let me tell you, from my vantage point, girls, it has been one hell of a week.  Let us start with the events in order!
                         Tuesday, March 12, was Liza Minnelli's birthday!  Still going great at seventy-eight!  And just six more months till "Frank Mills" day.  Lots to celebrate.

                             Wednesday, March 13, was the 60th anniversary of the murder of Kitty Genovese in the early morning hours--say 3AM-- in Kew Gardens, Queens, on Austin Street.  An urban nightmare that became a national tragedy having stood the test and time of shattered myths.  May Kitty rest in peace.

                            Wednesday, March 13, also marked the end of "Feud--Capote Vs. The Swans."  What a shame it had to end, and I will write a more extensive post on it, soon, but it made the Genovese anniversary slightly bearable, and cleared up some things for me.  More to come, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                           And, yes, this was the day Caesar was stabbed, and uttered the famous words, "Et too, Brute?"  But, on a highly positive note, 68 years ago tonight, "My Fair Lady," with Rex Harrsion and Julie Andrews, opened at the Mark Hellinger Theatre.  I can hear the Overture in my head. So, there is something to be said for this day!


                                                Added to all that--oh, my God, I have a dental appointment and an ear appointment in less than two weeks, and I am about to tackle my Mammoth book, "Shamataran," by Gergory David Roberts, which clocks in at 936 pages.  So much to do, so little time.


                                                     Don't kid yourselves, girls!  Retirement has time constraints, too!

                        

2 comments:

Victoria said...

we were just saying this!!
We are busier now than before my husband retired!!
Busy doing WHAT, exactly, because we’re certainly not socializing?!!
Well, looking after Mother is a big one.
That does take up a lot of time.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Yes, it does take a lot of time. I saw that
with my mother taking care of her mother when she
was in the nursing home. Unfortunately, my mother
never lived to a retirement age she could enjoy.
Maybe I am doing it for her?