Followers

Friday, March 8, 2024

One Look At This Face Told The World A Star Was Born!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                          This, of course is Hayley Mills in her Juvenile Oscar winning performance in the title role of "Pollyanna," one of Disney's most neglected films, made in 1960.  And Hayley still endures; having aged some she still has that gorgeous facer and smile.  And the minute she speaks, there is no doubt she is Hayley Mills.  She was 14 here and will be 78 on April 9.


                           When I came upon this photo, I had to share it with all my readers.  Isn't it simply radiant?


                              Track down "Pollyanna" if you can, for Hayley's performance alone.  But it is also one of Disney's underrated live action achievements.


                                Tinker Bell was jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                               

4 comments:

Victoria said...

LOVED that movie!!
Loved the BOOK!!
Along with Anne of Green Gables and Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
"Pollyanna" was the first movie I cried at. I also read the book. Could not get into "Rebecca Of Sunnybrook Farm." But I do have my eye on the "Anne Of Green Gables" books.

Videolaman said...

She's still working!

Last night I saw a new British movie with the eclectic cast of Diane Keaton, Patricia Hodge, LuLu (!), and Hayley! Her role was smallest, really an extended cameo, but crucial to the plot. She looked jarringly old (no surgeon has tampered with her face), but full of life, energhy and fire. Good on her.

The movie, a sort of female version of "Big", has the atrocious unhelpful title "Arthur's Whiskey". Revie2ws were uniformly terrible, but I couldn't miss the chance to see these four actresses working together. Was glad I did: its actually a very cute little flick, with some sharp insights on aging, and the four ladies are absolutely charming throughout.

The Raving Queen said...

My Dear,
I would love to see this vehicle, even if Hayley has a small point. David and I saw her in a bad play, five years ago, but she was Hayley all the way through, cand carried the show.