Followers

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Finally, Our Trip To Ocean Grove!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                             On Saturday, August 3, I believe, David and I, plus those two crazy kids, Dan And Norma, took a train trip to Ocean Grove, New Jersey.  Here we are pictured, left to right--David, Dan, Myself, and Norma.  This was taken in the garden of Charlotte Prtichard, of Ocean Grove, who has the most beautiful looking English country garden--and yes, that song will be heard.  It was delightful to meet Charlotte and her family, especially their dog, Woofy, who was a real sweetheart.
Here is a solo shot of Norma, in the garden.  See how fabulous she looks, and how well she blends in with the flowers?
Of course, I had to have one taken of me.  Send it to ANNA for "VOGUE."  Not a bad pic, if I do say so myself!  If only I were thinner!  Alas, age and genetics catch up with one, as I have learned!
Here is a typical Ocean Grove street.    Not quite as high end as Cape May, but charming and picturesque.  Not far from the ocean, either.  I can see myself, sitting in the coolness of the early day or evening, on the porch, doing my reading, listening to the calm of the waves.

But, what I want to know, is what happens when the Winter sets in, and the waves may not be as calm?
Ocean Grove is a Methodist community, but allow me to reassure you--no one came at us with flaming torches, or pitch forks.  It was just blessedly quiet, though the Methodist Revival Theater was readying for some sort of rock concert that evening!  Hot times on Saturday night!  And I was getting ready to hear the Gospel cry of "Do You Believe In Jesus?"
What would a visit to a place like Ocean Grove, be without a picture of the beach?  Notice the cross to the right.  We did not go on the beach, or in the water, but it was nice being near it.  We did walk from here over to Asbury, and the sun and heat made it a draining experience.  But beautiful, none the less.
And here are the Arlington Court apartments.  Could the future lead David and myself here?  Only time will tell.  But dig that crazy 1950's garden apartment look, straight out of "The Bad Seed."  One expects Nancy Kelly and Patty McCormack to walk out one of these doors.  Plus me, in my Rhoda regalia, to show how I can upstage Patty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, that was our trip to Ocean Grove, girls!  But it would not be complete without this--
"In An English Country Garden," girls!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: