Followers

Friday, August 2, 2019

Here It Is, Girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                             Let me start by saying I just did not read "Big Little Lies; " I devoured it.  For years, this will be the gold standard of Bitchfest Books, and deservedly so.

                                              Now, let me clear up some things, fast.  Yes, Renata is in the book, and she shows all evidence of being the firebrand she is, and that I can sometimes be, but here the reader sees what is simmering beneath Renata; it does not come out till Season 2, on TV.

                                                Second, David is worried that, like Rosie on "The Slap," whom I sided with, and which caused me some difficulty back in 2015, I will morph into Renata, and do something.  I will stand up for myself and whomever I care about, if needed, but that is about as far as it goes.

                                                  However, this story, and "The Slap" have a connection.  Both novels are set in Australia, and, when dramatized over here, "The Slap" was relocated to Park Slope, Brooklyn, while "Big Little Lies" has been moved to Monterey, California.

                                                    As for the story--oh, my God--bitching mothers, childhood bullying, twisted secrets culminating in a tragedy I feel was justified, and I agree with the five ladies to lie, and keep the whole thing secret.  If I were a parent, I would be a school administrator's worst nightmare; if my child were not tracked at the very top, and given the honors he is entitled to, I would have words for the administrators, like Renata does for Amabelle.  This is what comes from having to fend for yourself, growing up with bullies, as I did.

                                                      So, "Big Little Lies" is fun and cathartic.  I cannot wait to see the two seasons of the series with that cast.

                                                       We will have to have a coffee klatch about it, when I do, dolls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: