Followers

Sunday, January 19, 2020

Goodbye, And Good Riddance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                 Ever since I began my annual visits to the Metropolitan Museum Of Art's Christmas Tree, Demarchelier was always a visual landmark, pointing me the way.  Its colorful red, outdoor look, and cozy interior setting, always tempted me, and I entertained notions of trying it.  Yet, somehow, I could not bring myself to go there by myself!

                                  Back in December of 2012, with David, and Auntie Alvin, we visited the famous Christmas tree, then thought we would have a sophisticated repast at Demarchelier.  It turned out to be a mistake.  The service was for shit, David was called out for being rude, and I published, in 2012, a scathing post on the treatment I received, where I was practically pushed out of the place by Nasty Hostess and her bar colleague, who were upset not only over my scene, but that it was causing customers to wisen up, and leave the premises.

                                   We never went back.

                                     Well, darlings, I am telling you, chickens do come home to roost!  And what goes around comes around!

                                       Because, on December 28, 2019, Demarchelier closed its doors, presumably, for good.  The landlord is going to build a condo on it---very Upper East Side, darlings!!!!!!!--and, supposedly, the establishment will open, at a future date, on a smaller scale, in Greenport, Long Island!!!!!!

                                        Sweeties, you have got to be kidding me!  Where the hell is Greenport, Long Island, and who on the Island is going to be interested in faux French food?  Demarchelier tried to pass itself off as high end, because of its location, but, if it does open on the Island--and I doubt it--it will sink to the level of such franchises as Le Bonne Soupe and Au Pain Quotidien!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, pay close attention, here, girls!  The restaurant was opened in 1978 and was located near East 62nd Street.  In 1990, it moved to the location I always knew, at East 86th, near Madison Avenue.

The details of the closing and relocating were confirmed by co-owner, Emily Demarchelier, who, with her father, Eric, runs the restaurant.  Get ready girls, because here it comes.

See this picture of Emily?  This--I can never forget her face and attitude--was the bitch who gave us all the trouble on our 2012 visit, whom I took on verbally. after being nasty to my David, and who, when we looked on Yelp reviews, was consistently referred to as "Nasty Hostess."

What is it with father-daughter run businesses?  Just like The Strand Bookstore, run by the late Fred Bass, and his bitch daughter, Nancy Bass Wyden.  Now, Fred has passed, Nancy is running the store, and I just pray The Strand does not go the way of this place.  On a recent visit, it seems to be doing well enough, and I have never encountered, or had a run in with Nancy, so all I can do is wish The Strand the best.

As for Emily and Demarchelier, you got what you deserved, bitch.  You will never succeed on Long Island, and it is kind of sad that a potentially pleasant place had to be undermined and ground into a hole by incompetents.  But, then, why should I be surprised?  Look at the fate of the former cultural institution I used to work for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bon Voyage, Demarchelier! The blame rests solely on how the owners, or at least one, treated its patrons--shabbily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actions do have consequences, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: