Followers

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

"Attend The Tale Of Sweeney Todd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                           Or not.  Can you believe it, darlings?  Now, Annaleigh Ashford, who plays Mrs. Lovett, is out of the show, with Covid.  The two people the audience most comes to see.  To be sure, Ruthie Ann Miles is still on hand to break hearts as the Beggar Woman, but how long can Ruthie and the company hold out????????????



                             And how long can the show hold out, minus Josh and Annaleigh?  Even though there were aspects of her performance I was not satisfied with, when she performs alongside Groban, he helps bolster her up.  Her take on the role is a bit extreme, maybe because she is younger looking, and it is not her fault that the lighting in the final scene is too dark.  Nevertheless, if I had not already seen the show, and had a ticket for now, I would be very disappointed.  I mean, they ARE the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                              So, again, as with Josh, I wish Annaleigh a speedy recovery.  If only the tickets were not so expensive, I would love to see them and Ruthie again.



                               Pity the poor box office staff, dealing with hundreds of thousands of refunds!  This is not the kind of busy ticket takers want.



                               My girls and I send Annaleigh her best, and hope she and Josh return to the show soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                What is this show without them?  They are this generation's Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

Victoria said...

As you said the other day - covid is Still Out There...

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
It still is, which is why I am being careful.
I am sue both are sensible and have been vaccinated.
Josh returns to the show tonight.