Followers

Friday, August 18, 2023

Darlings, You Really Must Try One Fifth Avenue Restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                         Last night, I made a rare appearance, after dark, at this restaurant I had always admired for decades.  Back then, it was really high end, and it was on my bucket list of places to go on my birthday.



                         Alas, it closed, and that was that.  Or so I thought.  In 2003, it became Otto's, run by Bastal and Batali and Joe Bastalianich.  Scandal crushed their dreams, and then Forgione took it over as One Fifth Avenue, replacing it with Italian cuisine.



                         And so, like ANNA surreptiously out on the town, David, myself, Ellen, Victor, and our birthday boy, Steve, went to partake of the restaurant's special Restaurant Week Menu.



                         I can tell you the atmosphere was elegant; I even spotted Mario Lopez in the bar area, and the food was scrumptious.  We were divided between ordering the meatballs and fluke, while David and I shared this delicious corn and polenta concoction that I wish I could get the recipe for.  Sorbet and berries were my desert, while the others got some ice cream and pudding concoctions that looked equally scrumptious.  I had a taste of David's, and while I did not know what it was, it connected with my taste buds.



                         Our waiter was so elegant and charming.  These folks work hard, especially in places like these, so his expertise was exceptional.  I would love to go back here for the regular menu.



                          With just five of us, the evening was a treasured experience.  No arguing or drama last night



                           I highly recommend One Fifth Avenue to all.



                            Meanwhile, when am I getting to Balthazar?????????????????????

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh that was one of the places sunk by Mario Batali?
He always struck me as kind of pervy, while Bastianich was more serious and classy.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I agree. Yes Otto did not last long.
I never expected to go here, and thought it was low
end compared to years before, but it was really nice and
the food and service were of high quality.