Followers

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Girls, You Must Rush To The Metropoltian Museum Of Art, To See Its Costume Institute's Exhibit, "Women Dressing Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                         Oh, my God, darlings, I am telling you, it will be the most fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                         ANNA and crew are at it again--can't I get on one of these crews, ANNA?  I would work for FREE!  Do you hear me?  Free! --and it runs from December 7, 2023, to March 3, 2024.  If I am lucky, maybe I can do the exhibit and the Christmas Tree in one day!!!!!!!!!!



                           Just think of who will be featured--Coco Chanel, Stella McCartney, Donna Karan, Donatella Versace, Diane Von Furstenberg, (I have a reticule bag of hers!) Vera Wang, and Caroline Herrera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                            But--




                                                                                    
                                                                                   


                                                                                   
                                                                                


                                                                                   
                            --most of all, I expect to see my favorite female designer, Elsa Schiaparelli, represented.  Just look at the Lobster Dress.  Think how many lobsters that she saved from being roasted alive.  It wasn't until I saw "Annie Hall" in 1977, that I realized lobsters were cooked alive, and have since sworn them off.  But on Schiaparelli, they look great, and are exactly where they belong!!!!!!!!!!!


                               How about the Tear Dress, darlings?????????  I would cry to own it, let alone wear it!  No pain in my heart over this, at all.  The blue has a magical, almost Wonderland feel to it, which works perfect with me.  As for the red dress, what a creation.  The test of a great designer is what they do with red, and Schiaparelli mastered the color in ways that I cannot wait to see at this exhibit.


                                  I expect to see you there, too, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                  And I may be a regular there, waiting to spot ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Victoria said...

I have tasted lobster, and thought it overrated.
Plus the inhumane treatment of the poor creatures.

Victoria said...

I kind of like the patch dress!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I am with you on lobsters. Definitely overrated.
The patch dress has a Wonderland quality to it, which is why
I chose it.