Followers

Friday, December 22, 2023

Girls, The Holidays Would Not Be Complete Without A Victorian Sponge Cake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                         For some, it's Yorkshire or figgy pudding.  For others, a fruit cake.  Or even a candle in a jar of Razzleberry dressing.



                          But for me, darlings, the holidays are not complete without a Victorian Spong Cake, which looks like two white cake layers centered with cream and strawberry jam.  I mean, yum!  And what a gorgeous looking dessert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Perfect for the holidays or teatime



                            Looking at it, I get the urge to make one.  But if I tried--ugh, the kitchen would be such a mess!  So, I will leave that to David.  I will be sure to give you a full report, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.



                             The most scrumptious holiday dessert I have seen this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

that looks delicious!!
My sister is an excellent cook and baker!!
She makes it look easy!!
Do let us know what goodies David whips up for you!!!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Already he is eyeing this sponge cake, so we will see.
I trust David's culinary judgement.