I salute my guardian angel, darlings, because I know he/she has a full-time job having been assigned to me. But I am grateful he/she has gotten me out of many scrapes during my youth, and I know I have him/her to thank.
Alas this is also a sad day. Last year, on this day, a classmate I had known since junior high, Lenise, passed away from pancreatic cancer. David and I had stayed at her house in Highland Park, NJ during the time of my 50th high school reunion. I cannot believe that is now three years ago, and she is not here. Very sad, but as always, may she rest in peace, and may her memory be a blessing.
What a time I have had, girls! Yesterday we were in the city, seeing a film I had always wanted to see--Terrence Malick's 1978 "Days Of Heaven." I will do a separate post on that. The night before we had dinner with friends, a lovely gay couple, one of whom is a former coworker of mine, at Marseille on Ninth Avenue and 45th Street. It was a delightful evening. And we took the subway home at night--and survived!!!!!!!!!!! But, as I told David, he is not to get the idea that this is going to be a habit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We also went to see our lawyer, to update our wills, and change our executors. Now, girls, listen, this is very important. Whenever selecting a doctor or a lawyer, there are two requirements to remember--he must be accredited and he MUST be good looking! Without the last, dears, it just will not work. The lawyer assigned to us was absolutely good looking, as are all my doctors!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would not have it any other way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To make matters worse, my left foot is killing me. Several weeks ago, I had a blister on my big toe and then one of the smaller toes next to it, and they rubbed together and hurt. Walking was killing me. With the bad weather we had in September, and forced to stay indoors, the blisters healed pretty well, but now they are back. And even though, after the film, David let me go to Barnes And Noble, to scout their Criterion Collection--I found four films: "The Damned," by Luchino Visconti," "The Last Picture Show," by Peter Bogdanovich, "Mulholland Drive," by David Lynch (Girls, I just HAD to have that!) and Mike Leigh's "Naked." I think we will watch that one tonight.
And, yes, I made an appointment with my podiatrist, but I could not get one before November 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you believe it?????????????????????????
Right now, girls, it is a pleasure to be writing this blog, because at least I get off my feet, and give them a rest. Heaven help me if I became a dancer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really, hons, it's been a taxing couple of days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.webp)
No comments:
Post a Comment