Followers

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hey, Seth, Honey, How About Deconstructing "Carousel???????????????"


                                          I admit I am a little prejudice, darlings, as I did my Master's Thesis on this show.  And, having seen the 1994 production that brought Audra McDonald to prominence, and now Jessie Mueller, as Carrie, in the recent NY Philharmonic presentation--with Jason Danieley as the hottest Enoch Snow I have ever seen!!!!!!!--all I can say is Seth, honey, why the hell don't you deconstruct "Carousel?"  Even just one song would be interesting, but you really can't just stop there.  From the opening notes of the "Carousel Waltz," to the closing ones of "You'll Never Walk Alone," it is just about perfection, and each musical number needs to be examined, microscopically!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                            So, Seth--Seth Rudetsky, I mean--you big fat theater toadie, why don't you get off your ass, and start working on this?  A daughter, right??? Probably have no idea what designers to buy her!!!!!!!!!!  As I have said elsewhere on here, Seth, if you don't get busy, I  will.  But "Carousel" is quite an undertaking!!!!!!!!!!   The same might be said of "Merrily We Roll Along!"

                                             But, don't just take my word--though, of course, darlings, you should!!!!!--just listen here to these excerpts of Jason and Jessie doing "Mister Snow."  I have never heard it more beautifully sung than by these two!!!!!!!!!!!!!  It is one stop short of Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                               As is all of "Carousel!!!!!!!!!!!!"  So, I am warning you, get busy, Seth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: