Followers

Friday, July 11, 2014

I May Have To See "Pippin" Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                      I last saw "Pippin," around the time of my birthday, in November, and I saw it for one reason--Tovah Feldshuh was in it, playing Berthe. Of course, Tovah was spot on, but the production turned out to be more wonderful than I expected, and it was nice to hear that score.

                       Well, after yesterday's news about Andrew Keenan-Bolger playing Winthrop Paroo in the Transport Group's concert rendering of "The Music Man" on August 11, I got wind of another Broadway revival.

                         I am almost always singing "Chorus Line" songs, around the house.  Usually it is "At The Ballet."  But, lately, I have been singing "Nothing."  And, now, guess who I hear is going into "Pippin" on July 22?  None other than the original performer of "Nothing," herself, Priscilla Lopez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                         As a "Chorus Line" devotee, especially to the Original Cast, to whom I am  forever loyal, I may have to see "Pippin" again.  I know I would love to see Priscilla, and I know she would do a spectacular job.  The last thing I recall seeing her in was "In The Heights," and she was fabulous.

                          So, I want to round up all my girls for a performance of "Pippin," so we can all see Priscilla and maybe stop by the stage door, to say "Hi!"

                             You look fabulous, Priscilla! So "point me toward tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

No comments: