Followers

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Girls, You Have GOT To Hear This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                When I was really young, just on the periphery of puberty, the song "MacArthur Park" first appeared, and I thought it was just great--especially the instrumentation.  I also thought it defined love--remember, girls, I was 12.  One side of our house was on a small hill, and I can recall that summer as one big "MacArthur Park" blur, so that, whenever its opening strains sounded outside, via our radio, I would roll up and down on the hill, in romantic ecstasy.  This was what I thought I wanted--back then.

                                Today, I still regard it as a great romantic piece.  It seems to have some meaning for David Letterman, too, for I saw a clip from one of his shows, where Paul Shaffer, Jimmy Webb (himself!!!!!!) and the CBS Orchestra did a version for him, and I want to show it to you.  You have got to see the cake, but you have got to see the back to back keyboards pounding out the haunting theme--oh, my God!!!!!!!!!  It will drive you to a state of delirious ecstasy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Consider it my Valentine's Day gift, to you all!  Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: