Followers

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Hunter's Steak And Ale House Is In A Tough Position!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                               Following the circus, darlings, we returned to our neighborhood, slightly beyond where we live, in Bay Ridge, in the 90's, to dine here, thanks to a gift certificate from our lovely friend, Donna.

                                I should come back, and do a gig!  Hey, Hunter's, can you hire me?  I would love to do a set with the pianist who was there this past Friday night.  I almost did, because he played so many tunes I knew, I just could not help myself.  And, short of sotto voce, my voice carries!

                                 Which is not to say the meal was not delicious. We both had the T-Bone steak, which was luscious.  David had a baked potato, while I had saffron rice.  Very satisfying.  As was his shrimp cocktail.  I opted for a lighter tomato and mozzarella, which was fine, but I am telling you--and remember, this is me, talking--they went a little overboard with the balsamic dressing.  And for ME to say that........well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                  Desert was nice.  David had a ice cream, while I had apple strudel with vanilla ice cream.  We did not have coffee.  The staff was friendly and accommodating.

                                   The problem is, this is, sadly, the stepchild of Chadwick's.  Meaning if Chadwick's was not nearby, this might reign supreme.   But anyplace competing with Chadwick's will have its bar lowered, because Chadwick's sets its gold standard so high.

                                     The clientele was fascinating--a mixture of "The Iceman Cometh," and "Anna Christie."  I loved seeing the dissipated Irish spinsters, imbibing and most likely eating the one good meal they have had that week; so much so, I could hear the strains of the Henry Mancini classic, "Dear Heart," in my head.  "A single room.........a table for one!"

                                       But nothing stopped these dowagers from having as good a time as they could have.  Which means you will, too.  It may not be Chadwick's, but what is???????????

                                        And, should I appear there in the future, I will let you know, and take requests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: