Followers

Monday, February 6, 2017

Oh, My God, Darlings!!!!!!!!!!!! This Comes Very Close To Mirroring My Life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                           The weekend also saw us watching "Bright Lights," the HBO documentary about Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher. It was fascinating; a bit of :"Grey Gardens" here, some "What's The Matter With Helen?" there.  I love d the compound; I would love such a place, myself!!!!!!!!!!!

                             But as I watched this film, especially Carrie, I realized something about myself.  I have arrived at this point.  Yes, dears, I have.  Younger queens (especially those of my generation, and sophisticated enough) want their lives to be "Laura," and work very hard at it.  But there comes a  point--often after the first colonoscopy--or when you realize your body is morphing into something you don't want it to, even though you haven't done drugs and stuff, like Carrie, that while it is still possible to be Your Highness, agedness has set in.  You are not a TOQ yet, and many become that younger than some, but you can no longer walk into a room, like Gene Tierney.
So sad.

                              This is what I learned from watching "Bright Lights."   Debbie is vibrant, but Carrie, poor thing, seems more aged than she is.  I know, darlings, because, some days, I feel just like Carrie!!!!!!!!!!!!  I think I need an afternoon tea, maybe with champagne, at the St. Regis!!!!!!!!!!!

                               There is something both grand and sad about watching this documentary.  What is sadder, of course, is how things turned out, for both Carrie and Debbie.

                                But then, no earthly writer scripted that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: