Followers

Friday, September 10, 2021

Darlings, Join Us Tomorrow Night, As Svengoolie Presents "Abbott And Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                             Darlings, what a week!  I am on a reading spree, reading the new Sally Rooney, which all the glitterati in NYC are doing right now, my sister is in the middle of a dramatic, life changing move, with a problematic daughter, and troubled granddaughter.  My great-niece!  One of my friends advised me this week not to "borrow trouble," and boy, was she right.



                                              Tomorrow is September 11th--20 years, hons!--and that is enough to give one pause.  I will sure  do a post on that, tomorrow.  And then Sunday is "Frank Mills" Day, so will I go to the Waverly?  Even if I don't, I WILL sing it!



                                                So, maybe David was right--hell, of course he was!!!!!!--when he said Svengoolie probably chose this seldom seen--I have never seen it, and can't wait!-- film to show tomorrow night.  A little levity and humor on a traumatic day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                               I did see excerpts in my childhood, thanks to a childhood friend, whose father had a one reel home movie compilation of scenes from it.  But that is all I know.



                                                 And Boris Karloff playing Dr. Jekyll?  That should be a real treat!!!!!!!!!!



                                                So, join  us all tomrrow night for some ghoulish, humorous cheer.


                                                  Baby Gojira, Pippin, and Kerwyn cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                  See you tomorrow,  girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





 

6 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow I, too, used the phrase “borrow trouble”, this week, about another Challenging relative of mine.
We age, but do not “mature” it sometimes seems.
Is it really that hard to just be a half decent human being.
Anyway, God forgive me if I cannot read or watch any of the heart rending 9/11 stories this year; just not strong enough emotionally.
I get beat down but I refuse to STAY down!!!

The Raving Queen said...


Victtoria,
I am with you all the way.
But I feel obligated to do a
9/11 post.

Victoria said...

I read it and it was very well written.
When I have a minute I’ll search the archives for the rest of your 9/11 posts.

As Marines, my sons would have been one of those running Towards the danger.

Victoria said...

I mean, of course I’d be proud and all, but I would much rather have my children alive.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I get what you say. Exactly how
my paternal grandmother felt when
my father and uncles went off to war.

All I could watch was the late night
news. It was as much as I could bear.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
And Thanks for saying it was
well written. I wrote what was
exactly the truth, as I experienced it.