Followers

Friday, September 3, 2021

Girls, Join Us Tomorrow Night, As Svengoolie Presents "War Of The Colossal Beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                                  The year 1957 sprouted a crop of growth hormone movies.  First, Universal did "The Incredible Shrinking Man," than AIP cashed in on it, with "The Amazing Colossal Man," where the guy grows larger.  It was such a hit it led to the sequel, above.



                                                    Some words, though. Two different actors are in each film.  Glenn Langan, the better of the two, plays Glenn Manning, a Lt. Colonel, whose skin is literally burned off him, in a plutonium explosion.  This is probaby the film's best, almost artistic, scene.  Eventually, he grows sixty feet high, goes on a rampage, attacks Las Vegas, and then is shot, falling into Boulder Dam.




                                                     The film showing tomorrow picks right up where the first left off.  Only now Glenn Manning is played by Duncan "Dean" Parkin.  They should have used Langdon.



                                                        I have not seen this since I was a child so all I can tell you is his face is now missiing an eye, and is smashed up from that fall.  From an adult perspective, I can tell you this film, judging by the actors' wardrobe, foreshadowed the coming of Depends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                           In some ways, darlings, you will be as surprised as I was, since I barely recall the film, beyond his appearance.  But Svengoolie, Kerwyn, and maybe even Toonie  will be back with us.



                                                             So, join David, Baby Gojira, our Kerwyn, and myself for some Fifties fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                                And no, dears, while this film is about size, I am NOT going there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



2 comments:

Victoria said...

Oh wow I missed it!
I don’t even recall what I was doing that evening!!
Anyway, hope you had a nice Labor Day!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I will say it was
surprisngly sad. I promise
to post eventually, but David
still works from home!