Followers

Friday, October 1, 2021

Can You Believe We Are Starting The Tenth Month???????????????????????????????


                                     I wanted to start this ghoulish month hopefully, because, despite the macabre connotations, I am anticipating a lot of fun.  First, I am immersed in  Anthony Doerr's  newest novel, "Cloud Cuckoo Land," and while only a third of the way through, I can safely say it is a strong contender. Grab yourselves a copy, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                      I  would love to finish it by Tuesday, because that is the day I head to Three Lives to pick up this year's literary double header--"The Lincoln Highway," by Amor Towles, and "Crossroads," by Jonathan Franzen.  Did you know his breakthrough novel, "The Corrections," is now 20 years old??????????  Where does the time go?????????????



                                        Still determined to see "Dear Evan Hansen" on film,  and maybe even "Halloween Kills," with Jamie Lee Curtis still playing Laurie Strode, some 40 years later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                            Not to mention  Svengoolie's "Frankenstein Fest" this month, our animal friends, my beloved David facing a procedure which has me  worried, but that is me, not David, and, hopefully, some fun surprises.



                                              Alas, no Halloween candy for this diabetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                              So welcome to October,  everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                                                         


                                        "Fly Me To The Moon," darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Love the pumpkin cuties!!
I’m not diabetic but I do avoid too much sugar, for the sake of my skin.
When I was young I liked clark bars, fifth avenue bars, zagnut, and anything Cadbury.
How about you??

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I was big on anything chocolate--
Nestle's, Hersheys, Mounds, and Especially
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. And plain M and
M's. The orange ones were my favorite.