Followers

Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Darlings, This Was The Literary Day Of The Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                                                                       
                                 Not within memory can I recall a day when two blockbuster books by blockbuster authors came out simultaneously.  Are they fighting it out?  I wonder.



                                 Of course,  girls, I went  to Three Lives, and bought them immediately.  Now, you have to remember, I just finished reading Anthony Doerr's book, "Cloud Cuckoo Land."  It is a MUST.  I will have more to say another time, but it is not to be missed. The combination of unlikely generic material, plus brilliant narrative structure makes it a standout.



                                  But will  it make  my Book  Of The Year?  Will these two?  It is  anyone's guess at this point, but I am up to my neck in book reading, and loving every minute of  it.  



                                    Of course, I won't hold a thing back, girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                                                                                   

2 comments:

Victoria said...

If I ever get to visit nyc, I would love to stop by Three Lives.
Any other suggestions??
I really don’t care about Tourist stuff.

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
If you ever get to NYC, we must
figure out a place to meet near
Three Lives, so I can take you there3.

If there was no pandemic, there would be
plenty of nice Village coffee spots I
could recommend, but now is not the time.