Followers

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Darlings, We LOVE The Ballsy Mamie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                          Girls, there is no doubt that Sarah Paulson's testosterone fueled interpretation of Mamie Eisenhower is the highlight of "Double Feature."  As are the black and white segments offering up a delicious conspiracy theorist view of Fifties America.  Keep this up, guys, and you may have a winner.  But lose the present day plot, fast.



                                              The gay guys who are preggers are too dumb to know they are gay, not to mention not having a uterus or ovaries.  If they haven't figured out, by tonight's episode, how that baby is going to come out, they deserve what they get.



                                                In fact, what they deserve is a lesbian version of the "It's Alive!" baby, which would be a hoot, and liven up this segment, where none of the actors can act, and the writers are inhabiting whatever L.A. literary spot there is.  If, indeed, there is one, because I think  L.A. and literary are oxymorons.



                                                   With just two episodes to wrap things up, things had better move fast.  How about an ending where the aliens are responsible for opening up the McDonald's franchise?  Dumbing down America by fast food consumption.   Denigrating the great American non-intelligencia!



                                                      Serves them  right!

7 comments:

Victoria said...

I read a list of “worst foods ever” and to my surprise it did not include fast food!
It was things like hot dogs, yogurt, salad dressing, beer, ice cream, Ketchup, mayo, soda, pizza
Well I guess ice cream could be considered fast food
And ketchup

Victoria said...

And maybe pizza.
And hot dogs.
What I meant to say, is I was surprised there was no mention of burgers, fries, milkshakes, chicken nuggets; what I think of as Fast Food.

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
Most of what you have listed is fast food.
I eat pizza occasionally; it is lower in
calories, and keeps my weight down. I agree
that the things you listed as not being fast
food ought to be.

Victoria said...

I eat pizza too!
Not as much as I used to.
I also eat fajitas, pasta, bread, and dumplings!
But mostly tons of fruit and vegetables.
My husband has been gaining weight since retirement.
Without the structure of work, he stays up later and snacks more. Plus, when the pandemic hit, he took over the grocery shopping. As a stay at home mom, I had learned not to snack all day. It IS hard, but those pounds will sneak up on you. He has also gotten more sedentary. It’s a vicious cycle, he has back and knee issues which worsen with exercise.

The Raving Queen said...


Victoria,
Back and knee issues can be rough.
David does his best to control what I eat,
and I resist temptation. Yesterday, we were
with friends and ate out, so sometimes it
gets tricky, though I do the best I can.

Victoria said...

He sounds like a wonderful husband!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
He is the best. I thank God
every day.