Followers

Saturday, October 2, 2021

Today Is Both A Happy And Sad Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


                                            Before getting to matters at hand,  I want to wish a belated Happy Birthday to Julie Andrews, who turned 86, yesterday.  Ever since 1965, and that iconic twirl and voice, Jules has owned the role of Maria Von  Trapp, and will continue to be, no matter where or when "The  Sound Of  Music" is viewed.



                                                 Today, however is the Feast Of The  Guardian Angels. Not the famous NYC street organization, founded by Mayoral candidate Curtis Sliwa, but the celestial being assigned to all Roman Catholics, during their time on Earth.  I have to give thanks to mine, for getting me to the path I am on now.  It makes me blush, looking back on aspects of  my youth, including my adolescent bullying, over what my Guardian Angel  had to witness, and I hope, when my time comes, I am forgiven.  Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He/She got me out of some rough situations, at times!!!!!!!!!



                                                     This day also marks a sad anniversary.   A year ago, our beloved canine friend, Chloe, a gorgeous  Golden Retriever, passed away, and we still miss her dearly.  And will always remember.



                                                                           

                                                 Rest In Peace, Chloe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

He will give His angels charge over thee, to guard you in all your ways...

Chloe is romping in Dog Heaven!!!
A beautiful place💕

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,

I know you are right.
When my time comes, I want to see
Chloe--among others--running to greet me!