Followers

Sunday, April 9, 2023

"At Dawn, On The First Day Of The Week, Mary Magdalene Carried Spices To The Tomb, To Anoint The Body Of Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


                                  This is what Easter is all about, darlings.  Due to being overwhelmed by last night's Solemn Easter Vigil, the screening of 'Bernadette' ha been postponed until 2PM, so I have some time to get in some writing, and wish all my readers, and anyone who happens by, a happy and joyous Easter.



                                   I used to get up early, as a child, on Easer morning, to imitate Mary Magdalene, but those days are gone.  At dawn, I can barely open my eyes.  And I never looked as good as the two Marrys, pictured here, at dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



                                     They must have had some special make-up secret I am not aware of.  Or maybe it was a miracle.



                                      In any case, they were the first to know of the Lord's resurrection, and spread the word.  And so came to be Easter!



                                       Have a happy one, darlings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 



                                       

2 comments:

Victoria said...

My church had an early And a later service; I was there for Both!!
We sang “Up From the Grave He Arose” and “Christ the Lord is Risen Today, Alleluia”!!

The Raving Queen said...

Victoria,
I love that second hymn. We went to a Solemn
Easter Vigil, which I had no idea was going to be
multilingual and two hours long. I felt bad for
David.